Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Act 1 - Town People Assume Betty's Possessed...

The whole town is gossiping now. I do not know what I shall do if she does not get better soon. I may have to quit my ministry and then I would have nothing! God forbid that I, of all people, is thrown into jail.

The people will not stop talking about my Betty. They all keep saying she is possessed by some kind of spirits, and there is so much talk of witchcraft. It is the only thing people are talking about. This witchcraft hysteria has taken over all of Salem. This gossip is spreading around town like the plague. If people here prayed and read the scriptures as much as they gossip the would all be saints!

All Betty does is lie on the bed looking like she is in some kind of trance. I do not know what to do anymore. Maybe Reverend Hale will help us...

-Parris

No comments:

Post a Comment