Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Act 1 - Ann Reveals She Sent Girls to Tituba

Today I received the most astounding news from Mrs. Putnam. I could not beleive my ears when she informed me that she deliberately sent Ruth to Tituba. My Tituba? Her explanation was that she ahd laid seven babies unbabtized in the Earth, and she wanted to find out who "murdered" her babies. I could understand being remorseful about losing children, but I would not go to the extent of conjuring spirits! I told her that it is a formidable sin to conjure up the dead. This just makes matters so much worse! Mr. Putnam said, "There is a murdering witch among us, bound to keep herself in the dark." When he said this I was utterly terrified for Betty. I hope this matter clears up. Besides, it was just a couple of girls dancing in the woods. Wasn't it?

-Parris

No comments:

Post a Comment