Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Act 1 - Betty's Strange Illness

Today the most awful thing happened. I've never seen anything like it in all my years of ministry! Betty is completely unresponsive. She will not eat or speak, she lies on the bed looking pale as a ghost. I do not know what to think or how to treat her. I am deathly afraid for her well being. I saw Tituba and girls from the village up to something in the forest. I would hate to think that they were doing something awful, but I have a feeling that witchcraft had something to do with it. I have summoned Reverend Hale to come and see Betty. He knows all about matters such as this one. I cannot let the word get around that witchcraft has come upon my household. The whole town would find out and rumors would start spreading like wildfire. I cannot imagine how it would affect my ministry.
-Parris

No comments:

Post a Comment